Monday, April 20, 2009

"His mind must be blown easily."

Tim Graham, a genius with words:

My favorite part of the [Eagles' introductory] news conference was when Peters said, "It blew my mind, first and foremost, for them to trade me."

Really? His mind must be blown easily. Peters boycotted every offseason and preseason workout last year. He missed the conditioning program. He skipped voluntary workouts. He didn't show for mandatory minicamp. He didn't report to training camp and missed every preseason game.

Other interesting notes from the linked article above: the Bills thought Peters would have held out until week 10 (the maximum amount of time a player can hold out before losing out on the entire season in terms of salary/benefits/etc) and that Peters admitted the contract issue affected his play last season.

Continue on, Mr. Graham.
Sacks allowed isn't an official stat, but a figure floating around said he surrendered double-digit sacks last year.

"That's the first time I've heard that stat," Peters replied when it was presented to him Sunday. "I don't recall giving up that many. If they charged me with that many, so what? I'm an Eagle now.

"If I give up 11 and a half sacks, I'm only human. I'm going to give you 100 percent on every play."

Peters is only human, but a human who's getting paid $25 million guaranteed not to give up sacks.

He's been gone nearly 3 days, and I already don't miss the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment