Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 2. Predicted.

Standings Thru Day 1:

K-Gun 13-3
Poetry in Moten 13-3

We have proven to be equals through one day, but there are still 9 days of tournament basketball left for me to prove that I am better at guessing the outcome of basketball games.

On to predictions...

SYRACUSE over Stephen F. Austin
- One down, 5 to go. Chyeah.

Tennessee over Oklahoma State
- Everything about these teams would suggest that OK St would be the pick, so obviously I would go the other direction.

Utah State over Marquette
- The other 6 Big East teams will be doing fantastic in this tournament. Marquette will not.

Kansas over North Dakota State
- I wonder if ND State will keep it close for most of the game, get people excited, then end up letting the game turn into a blowout late.

Temple over Arizona State
- The Owls scare the shit out of me as a second round opponent for Syracuse.

Pittsburgh over East Tennessee State
- Pittsburgh won't have a problem winning. The real battle will be to escape with all ACLs intact.

West Virginia over Dayton
- There's no way two Big East teams will get upset in the same afternoon.

Missouri over Cornell
- A Cornell win here would be awesome. Well, awesome if I ignore the fact that one of my predicted Final Four teams would already be eliminated.

Utah over Arizona
- Arizona is fully capable of beating many teams in this tournament. That doesn't mean they'll beat any, but still.

Louisville over Morehead State
- Fun fact: Morehead State plays its home games in the Johnson Arena.

Boston College over USC
- My ACC/Big East over non-ACC/Big East in a toss up game theory went 1-1 yesterday. I will be improving that record here.

Xavier over Portland State
- I was tempted to pick an upset here, but decided against it when I didn't have any real reason for it other than just wanting to be tricky.

Cleveland State over Wake Forest
- The only reason for this is because it will make me feel better for Syracuse losing to them in December. It has nothing to do with logic.

Siena over Ohio State
- Two Big Ten teams are already gone. Let's get rid of another one!

Michigan State over Robert Morris
- Two institutions of higher education, three elementary schools, two towns, a number of Navy and Coast Guard ships, and an Inn have all been named after this guy Robert Morris. None of that will help one the University upset Michigan State, but still.

Florida State over Wisconsin
- If I'm right about all my Big Ten picks on this day, four of seven Big Ten teams will be be gone after Round 1. Nice job, Big Ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment