Friday, March 20, 2009

NCAA Tournament Day 2 Predictions.

I'm drinking Mountain Dew LiveWire instead of regular Dew today in honor of the glory that will commence around noon.

Syracuse over Stephen F. Austin
- I couldn't possibly be more nervous about this one.

Tennessee over Oklahoma State
- At first, I was going to give this one to Tennessee because they also wear orange, but so does Oklahoma State. Then I was going to give it to Tennessee because its football coach is insane, but Oklahoma State's football coach is also insane. So in the end, I gave it to Tennessee because Tennessee is a better team.

Marquette over Utah State
- Anyone who picks against a Big East team in Round 1 is a fool.

Kansas over North Dakota State
- People on television seem to love North Dakota State. I'm thinking there's a reason the Bison are seeded 14th.

Arizona State over Temple
- Because Christmas in March is just fucking annoying.

Pittsburgh over East Tennessee State
- This pick is working under the assumption that all of Pitt's players manage to wake up and make their way to the arena today.

West Virginia over Dayton
- See "Marquette over Utah State."

Missouri over Cornell
- I've seen Cornell play in person. The only way the Big Red win is if they shoot 60% from 3-point range.

Utah over Arizona
- Why do I have to keep providing reasoning for these? My fingers are tired of typing.

Louisville over Morehead State
- Because Louisville is good and Morehead State is not.

USC over Boston College
- I have no good reason for this selection other than Boston College is stupid.

Xavier over Portland State
- This is taking fucking forever.

Wake Forest over Cleveland State
- No 400-foot buzzer beaters here.

Siena over Ohio State
- The most shocking part of Siena's upset over fourth-seed Vanderbilt last year? Somehow Vanderbilt got a 4-seed.

Michigan State over Robert Morris
- Michigan State against one dude? Seriously? They're only bringing one guy? Robert and Stephen F. might have a pretty sweet 2-on-2 team, but it's just not going to work here.

Florida State over Wisconsin
- I heard a stat that a Bo Ryan-coached Wisconsin team has never won an NCAA Tournament game against a team seeded eighth or better. That's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment