Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Woman: My McNuggets are an emergency.



This story should have probably come from The Onion, but alas, it is real.

Latreasa L. Goodman, of Fort Pierce, Fla., went to a local McDonald's last week in search of of Chicken McNuggets. What she found, however, was a disaster of epic proportions, one that necessitated not one, not two, but three calls to 911.

I'll let Will Greenlee of TCPalm.com explain from here, because really, he should get an award for this story:

The McNugget meltdown happened last week at a McDonald’s in the 600 block of North U.S. 1 and ended with Goodman, 27, getting a notice to appear in court on a misuse of 911 charge, according to a recently released police report.

Goodman told investigators she tried to get a refund for the 10-piece McNuggets, but the cashier told her all sales are final.

“I called 911 because I couldn’t get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets,” Goodman told police.

The cashier told police she offered Goodman, of the 2400 block of South 25th Street, a larger portion of food for the same price to make up for it, but said Goodman got “irate,” the report states.

Goodman reportedly yelled, “I don’t want a McDouble and small fry,” the cashier told investigators.

But here's my favorite nugget (see what I did there?) from the story:

McNuggets, introduced to the McDonald’s national menu in 1983, are sold in more than 100 countries and often are dunked in barbecue or hot mustard sauce. Goodman’s 10-piece selection has 460 calories and 29 grams of fat.

So THAT'S what a McNugget is. The story also contains a poll asking readers if they would also call 911 if their favorite fast food meal was out of stock and couldn't get a refund. Nearly a quarter of all who responded said yes.

Latreasa, you're not alone.

UPDATE: Finally, because of Latreasa, I understand the difference between a McDouble and a Double Cheeseburger. McDoubles have one slice of cheese, while a Double Cheeseburger has two. Twenty extra cents for a slice of cheese? I'll bring my own next time, thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. see, you can't depend on the McNuggets -- when in doubt, obey the Big Mac attack

    ReplyDelete