Thursday, March 19, 2009

NCAA Tourney Day 1 Picks

My predictions for today's games, in order of when they are supposed to begin:

LSU over Butler
- As much as I think the SEC sucks, they still have some big name schools there, and LSU just won their regular season title.

Memphis over Cal State Northridge
- I think Memphis is highly overrated, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to think they'll fall to a 15.

BYU over Texas A&M
- I went against this two picks ago, but in general I'm weary about lower seeded BCS schools.

Purdue over Northern Iowa
- Although Northern Iowa does have Jesus on their side...

UNC over Radford
- I hope this game is not on my TV today, I've had about enough of Ty Lawson's toe.

Maryland over California
- Whenever I am faced with a toss up between high majors, I'll usually pick the one that is ACC or Big East affiliated.

UConn over Chattanooga
- I have nothing to say about this game.

Washington over Mississippi State
- You had a nice run, Bulldogs.

Texas over Minnesota
- I'm wondering if I should regret this choice, because it seems like picking Texas is a little too obvious.

Clemson over Michigan
- See: Maryland over California

Villanova over American
- Who else to better handle a scrappy underdog than a scrappy favorite? So scrappy, that 'Nova.

Gonzaga over Akron
- I wonder if Gonzaga will ever make a Final Four. (Doubtful this year.)

Duke over Binghamton
- I can't describe how happy I would be if Duke lost to a 15 seed.

Oklahoma over Morgan State
- Although an OTL feature on Morgan State's coach convinced me they have a chance.

VCU over UCLA
- Mostly because I want the theory that UCLA really sucks to hold true.

Western Kentucky over Illinois
- Probably the most popular 12 over 5. Maybe it's because Western Kentucky beat the best team in the nation. Maybe it's because Illinois scored 33 points in a game this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment