Friday, March 13, 2009

Wow.

That was, without a doubt, the single greatest basketball game I've ever seen. Better than the title game in 2003. Better than any of the McNamara games in 2006. I'm officially speechless. The game has been over for about a half hour, but my adrenaline is pumping far too much to fall asleep quite yet.

Just throw this one on ESPN Classic and put it on a loop until the end of time.

Even ESPN.com's Game Flow can't handle all the awesomeness.

Jimmy B after the game:
I'm more proud of this team, tonight, than any team I've ever coached, because we had nothing. We had nobody out there for a long time. Connecticut had their good players for a couple, three overtimes. We finally got them out of there and then it was kind of even. But the heart we showed coming back from six points down in one overtime, the plays we made, I've never been prouder of a team than these guys tonight. They just kept fighting, they would not lose this game. I'm very proud of this team. I can't say enough about them. This guy next to you (Jonny Flynn), he's got the biggest heart of anybody I've ever seen.

He was unbelievable the whole game. I mean, he was really spectacular. I don't know how he could last that long, and do what he did. I really don't. Andy made some threes, I don't know where he got them from. You know, you draw up plays and you just hope. Tonight, they worked. It's because of these kids, they were unbelievable tonight.

Well said, Jim. Seriously, they just won a six overtime game against the fourth-ranked team in the country. The Orange didn't have a lead in the first five extra frames. Justin Thomas played significant minutes.

Wow, just wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment